Saturday 23 April 2011

Mac Keyboard Symbols

In case if you are wondering how I took the selected Print Screen on my Macbook, the short-cut is
Shift-Apple-4 which looks like the picture below in symbols.

I must admit I have used my Macbook for about 4 years now, I never bothered to learn all the symbols.  Since I found the info today, I might as well share with everybody.  The table below is very very helpful.
 To know the exact shortcut your Macbook has for various functions & to change the shortcut if you prefer, just:-
1. Click on the Apple icon on the top left hand corner of your screen & select "System Preferences".

 2. Click on "Keyboard" & the following box will appear.  You can see what are all the shortcuts set on your Macbook currently.  You can also set new shortcuts for new functions not listed there, like how I did to use "Apple-Spacebar" to change my input language to Simplified Chinese.

The useful little table above is from MacRumors: Guides.  On this useful webpage , you can also find lots of other shortcuts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment